Have you heard of clean agent fire suppression, but don’t know what it is or whether or not you need it?
You may be leaving your valuable assets in unnecessary risk.
Questions You Need to Ask Yourself
If you aren’t sure whether or not you need a clean agent fire suppression system, try answering the following questions about the space you need to protect:
- Does it contain a high concentration of electronics, computers, telecommunication, or other electrical equipment that could be damaged or destroyed by excessive smoke, heat, and/or water?
- Does it contain any valuables (artwork, paintings, fine linens, historical artifacts, etc.) that would be ruined by excessive smoke, heat, and/or water??
- Does it have sensitive electronic equipment that could be damaged by excessive smoke or extreme heat, even if flames did not get to it?
- Does the space contain other types of valuables or materials that could be damaged or ruined by excessive smoke or extreme heat?
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, then you will want to consider a clean agent fire suppression system.
Basically, if water, extreme heat, or excessive smoke can hurt it, and you cannot afford to lose it, then you will want to consider a clean agent suppression system.
NOTE: If the space you want to protect cannot maintain the clean agent, then it may not suppress the fire. Enclosure integrity plays a huge roll in the effectiveness of the clean agent system.
Benefits of a Clean Agent System
When dealing with extremely sensitive equipment or materials that can be damaged just by heat or smoke, like those in a server room, you want to make sure you have the right protection.
There are many benefits to a clean agent system when protecting more sensitive contents. Here are just a few:
- Works fast, responding to and suppressing a fire in its incipient stage before extreme heat and excessive smoke occurs
- Can prevent even more damage, suppressing the fire before the heat increases to the point of activating the water sprinkler system
- Limits down-time: faster suppression plus less damage equals a shorter halt to activity
- Safe for people and the environment
- It doesn’t leave a residue
If you think you may need a clean agent fire suppression system, give the experts at Koorsen a call. A team member can come out to inspect your property and help guide you to the best fire suppression system for your space.
Contact Koorsen today to learn more!